Throughout the school year Jack & Jill has several extracurricular weekend events for families to attend. Participating in any of the family events earns a parent education credit.
- Trunk or Treat – families decorate the trunk of their car, children (and parents!) dress up in their Halloween costumes and trick or treat in the Grace Baptist Church parking lot.
- Valentine’s Day Dance – children show off dance moves they learn during school, plus food and games.
- Auction – PARENTS ONLY. A one-night event in the Spring for parents and invitees to enjoy dinner, playing and socializing. All families are expected to attend, donate or procure items, sell tickets, and contribute to a group project. The auction is our main fundraiser for the year.
- Junior Daffodil Parade – held in April, children and family members join in the largest children’s parade in Washington State. The parade route travels right down Proctor Street in North Tacoma. For more information see http://jrdaffodil.com/.
- Church Appreciation Event – Jack & Jill shows their appreciation to the congregation of Grace Baptist Church to thank them for the use of our space. Past examples include hosting a Sunday morning coffee hour and making a contribution to church projects.
- End of Year Picnic – a school-wide potluck park gathering to celebrate a successful end to the school year.
In addition, Groups B and C take field trips throughout the school year. For the 2017-18 school year, we learned about music and had a blast playing instruments at Ted Brown Music. We also went to the Double R Farms pumpkin patch where we rode on a tractor hay ride, went through the corn maze, and picked out pumpkins. These trips are scheduled as the school year progresses and vary from year to year and class.